All events in Radioss Introduction
In this introductory course, the participant will learn how to use RADIOSS to solve highly non-linear transient problems typical of impact. Users will be able to apply RADIOSS to evaluate product performance under loading that causes large displacements, large strains, contact and material non-linearity. Key theoretical aspects of an explicit solver are explained along with an emphasis on practical application including best practices. Participants will also learn how to build a valid simulation in RADIOSS by properly choosing elements and properties, and by defining basic material laws, contact and loading.
A basic knowledge of finite element analysis. A basic knowledge of HyperMesh or HyperCrash. A basic knowledge about Pre and Post processing finite element models. Access to HyperWorks (HyperMesh or HyperCrash, HyperView and RADIOSS).
Goals and Objectives:
- Background of finite element formulations and time integration schemes
- Pre and Post-processing structural dynamic simulations
- Time-step stability and control
- Contact interfaces
- Material Laws
- Debugging models and understanding error messages
- Best Practices on solving high non-linear problems