This training aims to update knowledge on rotating electrical machines and to refresh background on magnetism. It is dedicated for Technicians & Engineers in research department, electronics and mechanical engineer who would like to refresh or to have training on “rotating electrical machines”. During this training, we will see across FluxMotor basic laws of electromagnetism, description of rotating electrical machines, Magnetic materials, losses in magnetic circuits, sizing elements of synchronous reluctance Machine, electrical circuits & Windings of rotating electrical machines, magneto motive force & Park Model. The training will be ended with an Example of design of synchronous reluctance Machine machine from initial requirements.Prerequisites
Ideally you attended the Electric Motor Analysis using FluxMotor course.
Sessions and Duration
We scheduled three sessions that will take place on three consecutive days; each session will last for three hours.
- Basic Laws: Magnetic forces, Magnetic Energy, Amper Laws …etc will be seen in this chapter.
- Getting Started: Description of rotating machines, Workflow on FluxMotor, and explain the different parts like Materials and Motor catalog. Help & Documentation, and Assumption with FluxMotor.
- Magnetic Materials: Magnetic characteristics, of lamination and Magnet, losses in magnetic circuit and link to FluxMotor.
- Initial Design: Motor Factory in FluxMotor, proposed design process from Specification and initial design considerations
- Winding & MMF: Electrical Circuit, Winding Terminology, Winding Factors & Families. Magnetomotive Forces & Rotating Field creation
- Tests & Park Model: Explaining FluxMotor tests like cogging torque & Back EMF. Park Model, and Power Balance
- Example of Designing of new synchronous reluctance Machine From initial requirements.