Course SummaryThis course covers a wide variety of topics introducing the basics of multibody dynamics (MBD) simulations using Inspire Motion and the MotionSolve multibody system simulation solver. This training will focus on how to use Inspire to create, set up, and analyze models requiring motion-based analysis. As well as how to use Inspire tools for post-processing analysis results for rapid evaluation, redesign, and reporting. You will have the opportunity to learn about using motors and actuators to drive a design, utilizing advanced contact methods to analyze designs, and performing structural simulations and optimizations. Lastly, you will be able to investigate the coupling of motion solutions driven by MotionSolve with the static analysis and optimization capability within OptiStruct to generate robust designs within Inspire.
Goals and Objectives:
- Understand and locate tools and features throughout the Inspire interface
- Utilize basic modeling entities for MBD analysis (ground parts, joints, couplers, and plotting)
- Employ advanced modeling entities for MBD analysis (sizing of spring/dampers, gears, motors, actuators, contacts, FlexBodies)
- Export to MotionView for deeper understanding and deployment of advanced multibody modeling methods
- Export to Activate for 1D system level control design