The S-FRAME Introduction training course is aimed at new users of S-FRAME, or experienced users looking to sharpen their skills. This introductory class explains how to become productive using the S-FRAME Analysis modeling environment. Over the course of 2 lectures, attendees will be guided through how to navigate the interface of S-FRAME, build simple models, and perform Linear Static Analysis. This course will serve as good launching pad for further S-FRAME training on more advanced topics, and is the fastest way to get to a point where they are comfortable working with the software.
- Basic understanding of Structural Analysis, and Structural Engineering
- Altair S-FRAME software downloaded and installed.
- S-FRAME license configured to run analysis and verification tools.
Session 1: Introduction and Model Building
- Introduce S-FRAME and its major capabilities
- Guide users through the interface and how to access tools
- Build models in a 2D environment
- Define, and edit Grids and Coordinate Systems
- Create 3D frames using the Regular Framework Generator
- Model organization using Group Folders
- Applying member properties (sections, materials, releases, etc.)
- Specifying boundary conditions on your model
Session 2: Loading, Analysis and Post-Processing
- Define load cases
- Apply static joint, member, and area loads to your model
- Generate load combinations
- Perform linear static analysis
- Review deflections, forces, etc. graphically and numerically
- Introduce Steel and Concrete Design
- Result viewing, and collaboration in S-VIEW
- How to get help with S-FRAME, and additional training