SimLab is a process-oriented multidisciplinary simulation
environment to accurately analyze the performance of complex assemblies.
Multiple physics including structural, thermal and fluid dynamics can be easily
setup using highly automated modeling tasks, helping to drastically reduce the
time spent creating finite element models and interpreting results.
This course provide introduction to SimLab for Injection
Molding. Users will setup models with and without a mold and perform post
processing tasks in the class. A “take-home" capstone exercise is provided
that includes a glass filled material, part insert, a slide, mold plates, and
symmetry in addition to the feed system and cavity.
General knowledge about SimLab. Ideally attended the SimLab
Goals and Objectives:
- Know how to auto generate mesh and how to tweak
- Know how to use SimLab to setup a molding
- Setup models without a mold and then with a mold
- Review post processing of the models after
- Setup model with valve gate and hot runners
- Setup model for Fluid Structure Interaction