In this course the user will learn how to use SimLab and its integrated solver OptiStruct to solve Design Optimizations (Topology and Free Shape Optimizations) of volume structures.
Advanced knowledge about SimLab. Ideally attended the SimLab Introduction and the SimLab Meshing and Modeling Course. Programming knowledge (Python) is not needed.
Goals and Objectives:
- Topology Optimization
- Design/Non Design
- Design Constraints (thickness, symmetry, manufacturing constraints)
- Optimization responses and objectives (mass, stress)
- Optimization Solution and Results
- Exporting optimized model and Re-Analysis
- Free Shape Optimization
- Design Space
- Constraints, Responses, Objectives
- Solution and Re-analysis