Sign-up for SimLab Multiphysics Analysis of Electric Motors
Altair SimLab is a process-oriented multidisciplinary simulation environment to analyze the performance of complex assemblies accurately. Multiple physics, including structural, thermal, electromagnetics, and fluid dynamics, can be easily set up using highly automated modeling tasks, helping to drastically reduce the time spent creating finite element models and interpreting results. Altair’s robust, accurate and scalable solvers can run locally, on remote servers, or in the cloud.
In this course, we will explore several workflows for the multi-physics analysis of electric motors using the SimLab environment. Those workflows include electromagnetic, vibration, acoustic, and thermal (using CFD) analysis.
- The user should know how to use SimLab on a fundamental level or attended “SimLab Introduction” training beforehand.
- Basic knowledge of electric motors are highly recommended
Goals and Objectives:
- Setting up a complete 2D model (geometry, mesh, and physics) of an electric motor inside the SimLab environment
- Performing basic post-processing of the electric motor performance ( Flux density, torque, losses,…)
- Creating the mechanical and acoustic mesh of the 3D CAD model of the electric motor (Stator and housing assembly)
- Setting up the model for vibration and acoustic analysis and import of the forces computed by the electromagnetic analysis
- Post-processing of the normal modes, equivalent radiated power (ERP), and acoustic pressure and power at distance from the motor
- Set up the CFD analysis and using the losses computed by the electromagnetic analysis as heat sources
- Post-processing of the temperature distribution inside the motor
- Product Suite
- GoTo URL
- Click here to confirm your registration.
- Registration Link
- Register Now
- Session Start Date
- Not set
- Seats available
- Sign-up period
- Before February 12 2023, 12:30 PMTimezone: America/Detroit
- Event booking
- Approval required by:
- Training Manager
- Training Manager
- Global Tech Team Training
This class meets for 2 hours each day for 2 days.