In this class,
users will learn how to integrate Compose into their CAE processes. Leveraging
OpenMatrix Language (OML) in the full CAE pipeline results in simplified, shortened
and enhanced pre- and post-processing capabilities using OML both within
Compose and within other Altair solutions, like HyperWorks.
- It is recommended to have attended the Compose
Introduction training beforehand or to have the corresponding previous
- CAE readers, functions &
- Compose functions in HyperWorks
- Using Compose with CAE solvers
Goals and Objectives:
- The student will be able to leverage the different
libraries for handling CAE data, writing files and reading CAE files both from
Altair products and third-party tools (OptiStruct, Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys,
Radioss, LS-DYNA, MotionSolve, ADAMS, etc.).
- The student will know how to incorporate user
defined OML functions for pre- and post-processing from within HyperWorks,
allowing for customized analysis on its clients (HyperMesh, HyperGraph,
- The student will understand how registered
functions in Compose can be used in HyperWorks solvers, as well as how to
declare custom functions for optimization in OptiStruct.
- The student will be aware of the tools with which
Compose can call HyperWorks solvers in batch mode for automating processes