The Altair Inspire for Metal Extrusion Analysis course helps users understand the concept of the tool and obtain the necessary details for performing simulations on metal extrusion. The course includes a guide through the interface options and then focuses on the most common processes in the extrusion industry, ending with a detailed walk through of the process of utilizing Inspire Extrude to perform the metal extrusion simulations.
Goals and Objectives:
- Understand how to incorporate Altair Inspire for Metal Extrusion Analysis into traditional design processes to efficiently analyze and validate the design of extrusion dies and process.
- Indicate flow volume, bearings, billets, materials according to design preferences, setup the extrusion tooling deflection, and the quench process.
- Analyze results regarding metal extrusion process, tool deflection and quenching to discover the process feasibility
- Understand how to avoid typical extrusion defects.
- Analyze typical results such as billet interface, relative extrusion exit speed, quench factor and many others
Course Summary and Schedule
Inspire for Metal Extrusion Analysis Certificate